Important notice

What's coming up this term?

WEEK OF 14-18 JUNEDonation to Vinnies Wellington food bank in Newtown.

WEDNESDAY 16 JUNE PSL AGM 7pm school staff room

SATURDAY 19 JUNE - Feast of the Sacred Heart of Jesus

SATURDAY 19 JUNE - Venerable Suzanne Aubert's 185th birthday

WEDNESDAY 23 JUNE School Swimming Sports

THURSDAY 24 JUNE PSL Disco- SAVE THE DATE

MONDAY 28 JUNE Sausage Sizzle $2

MONDAY 28 JUNE BOT Meeting 7pm

WEDNESDAY 7 JULY Parent Teacher Confrences School finishes at 2.30pm

THURSDAY 8 JULY Parent Teacher Confrences School finishes at 2.30pm

THURSDAY 8 JULY- Mufti Mania - Caritas Mufti Day

FRIDAY 9 JULY Teachers Only Day - School is Closed



Keep up to date with covid information by clicking on the

Make Summer Unstoppable campaign link

2021 Term dates are on the website.

What’s On

Events Calendar

What's New

New Kindo Online Shop:

Make  your school payments online

Online shop

Welcome to St Francis de Sales School

I am thrilled to be in the position of Principal at St Francis de Sales School. I feel very much at home here, I grew up in Island Bay, am an ex student of the school, and I am now raising my family here and absolutely love this community.. I am passionate about our place: I love the Bay, the people and working within our community - but most of all our students at SFDS.

At SFDS we have students from a range of ethnic backgrounds which adds a special cultural diversity to our school. Our goal is to provide a holistic education to meet the spiritual, learning, physical, social and emotional needs of all students. We have a strong emphasis on achievement in learning, particularly in English (Writing and Reading), Mathematics and Inquiry. Within this goal we ensure that all students have the opportunity to take part in arts and sports based programmes; areas in which the school has achieved success in wider community activities. Part of our school philosophy is inclusive education which means that all students take part in all school activities to the best of their skills and abilities.

Pop in for a visit - we would love to meet you.

Tracy Gundesen
Principal


The process for determining preference and non-preference enrolments

As per the 2020 Education & Training Act, only 5% of our student roll can be non-preference where space allows. The remaining 95% must be preference or Catholic students. There is sometimes a waiting list for non-preference places at Saint Francis de Sales School. Please refer to the second page of the Criteria of Preference to check if your child would be applying for a Preference or Non-Preference place.

Click here for a copy of our Primary School Priority in Enrolment Procedure.


Important notice

What's coming up this term?

WEEK OF 14-18 JUNEDonation to Vinnies Wellington food bank in Newtown.

WEDNESDAY 16 JUNE PSL AGM 7pm school staff room

SATURDAY 19 JUNE - Feast of the Sacred Heart of Jesus

SATURDAY 19 JUNE - Venerable Suzanne Aubert's 185th birthday

WEDNESDAY 23 JUNE School Swimming Sports

THURSDAY 24 JUNE PSL Disco- SAVE THE DATE

MONDAY 28 JUNE Sausage Sizzle $2

MONDAY 28 JUNE BOT Meeting 7pm

WEDNESDAY 7 JULY Parent Teacher Confrences School finishes at 2.30pm

THURSDAY 8 JULY Parent Teacher Confrences School finishes at 2.30pm

THURSDAY 8 JULY- Mufti Mania - Caritas Mufti Day

FRIDAY 9 JULY Teachers Only Day - School is Closed



Keep up to date with covid information by clicking on the

Make Summer Unstoppable campaign link

2021 Term dates are on the website.

What’s On

Events Calendar

What's New

New Kindo Online Shop:

Make  your school payments online

Online shop


Online Payments - Kindo

  • Book and pay for school lunches
  • View and make full or part payments on your family account
  • Register and pay for sports teams
  • Donation Receipts - Kindo is now sending out the receipts you need to claim the tax back on your school donation. If you pay your donation now through Kindo, you will receive a PDF attachment to your normal Kindo emailed receipt - please print this and hold on to it for your tax return.

ONLINE SHOP

Contact

Email office@sfds.school.nz

Tel: 04 939 7370


CONTACT>

Term Dates


Term Dates 2021





MoST Content Management V3.0.7525